Welcome!

Due to a very strange series of events now I find myself co-creating this blog, I don't expect you to buy and believe everything you read here, but I ask you to give it a try, and feedback is ALWAYS appreciated.

Ever since English is not my first language I may have lots and lots of mistakes, I appologise in adbance (LOL, I meant, apologize in advance) and appreciate your understanding, feel free to make any necessary correction.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Dhammapada

The Dhammapada is a sacred Buddhist book, which is a compilation of 423 verses that -according to the tradition- were spoken by the Buddha several occasions, this verse in particular caught my attention:

"If on the great journey of life a person cannot find one who is better or at least as good as himself, let him joyfully travel alone... Have for friends those whose soul is beautiful; go with people whose soul is good"

If you are interested in reading more about this book here is the link to the website:

http://www.serve.com/cmtan/Dhammapada/

2 comments:

Dragonsister April 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

"have friends whose soul is beautiful...joyfully travel alone". It does not surprise me that the Buddha is attributed with these thoughts. The journey is a beautiful thing to encounter, but the hardest, at least for me, is the thought of facing it alone. I suppose that's not entirely true...I crave time to be alone and at one with the All...but over a sustained period I long for companions on the way.

Why was it in particular that this verse caught your attention?

Adhan April 28, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

I actually was inspired by our particular recently discover circle of Friends, yes, Friends using with all intention Capital Letters...You all...Namaste...

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP